You can merge fields from Salesforce inside your email templates so you can create templates with personalized messaging dedicated to the targeted prospect.
Note: The merge key/value differs based on which object is being used. Pay special attention to avoid data mismatches. Failover is used if a value is blank or the field cannot be found.
To add a new merge field:
- Click on the New Merge Field button on the left side of the screen.
- Enter the Field Name. This will be used as a placeholder name in the email template.
- Select the field to merge for the object(s) you want to use in the email template.
- (optional) Enter Failover text in case there is no data to match from the selected fields.
- To add another merge field, click on the New Merge Field button again. Another merge field panel will appear at the bottom of the screen.
To add a merge field to an email template:
- From the email template editor, navigate to the Merge dropdown.
- Select the field that you want to use in the email template.