Sometimes a component's visibility can create confusion for end users, for instance during a pilot where only a handful of users have access to certain components on a page layout. Hiding components from users outside the pilot group saves everyone from frustration and wasted time.
Conditional visibility allows components on the page layout to only be seen by the identified users. In this case, we used a checkbox on the user profile. For this demonstration, these checkboxes were updated manually. If the user is a Conquer user the box was checked. If the user is not a Conquer user, the box is left unchecked and they will not see the Conquer components.
Steps to Configure
- Navigate to the page layout editor for the object you would like to configure.
- Click to highlight the component to which you would like to add conditional visibility
- In the right side panel, scroll to and expand Set Component Visibility.
- Click Add Filter, then Advanced, and finally Select to define the identifying field that you have already determined.
- For our use case, we select field type User and then Conquer Cadence User which is a checkbox field that we had already created and then checked for users that needed visibility.
- Any component configured with conditional visibility shows up with an orange eye icon in the top right corner.